Manual installation is obsolete; new installations of both GT.M and VistA are more easily done with Astronaut.
- Astronaut VistA(tm) Auto Installer - yum/apt-get based installers for un-official and hugely improved WorldVistA(tm) and OpenVistA(tm).
The manual method may be needed for updating GT.M in a previously installed system.
These instructions were done on an Ubuntu Jaunty desktop linux machine, with VistA previously installed using Astronaut.
- Start by logging into your Astronaut installation and doing a backup
- Go to the Sourceforge site for GTM.
- Find the latest release. As of 12 August 2009 it looks like:
gtm_V53004A_linux_i686_pro.tar.gz linux, mac, windows, bsd, solaris, others 6.2 MiB Wed Aug 12 2009 15:48 0
- Note: Release Notes will be found at the Fidelity Information Services website
- Make a tmp directory in /opt/lsb-gtm/ and download the file to it either using your browser, or by taking your terminal there and using wget. Then unzip it:
mkdir /opt/lsb-gtm/tmp/ cd /opt/lsb-gtm/tmp/ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm/files/GT.M-x86-Linux/V5.3-004A/gtm_V53004A_linux_i686_pro.tar.gz/download tar zxfv gtm_V53004A_linux_i686_pro.tar.gz [verbose output omitted]
- Run the configure routine, directing it to create a directory
./configure GT.M [[Configuration~|Configuration]] Script Copyright 2009 Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. Use of this software is restricted by the provisions of your license agreement. What account should own the files? (bin) <== Enter Should execution of GT.M be restricted to a group? (y or n) <== Enter In what directory should GT.M be installed? /opt/lsb-gtm/gtm_V53004A_i686 <== Enter this directory path Directory /opt/lsb-gtm/gtm_V53004A_i686 does not exist. Do you wish to create it as part of this installation? (y or n) y <== Enter the y Installing GT.M.... Should unicode support be installed? (y or n) y <== Enter All of the GT.M MUMPS routines are distributed with uppercase names. You can create lowercase copies of these routines if you wish, but to avoid problems with compatibility in the future, consider keeping only the uppercase versions of the files. Do you want uppercase and lowercase versions of the MUMPS routines? (y or n)n <== Enter Compiling all of the MUMPS routines. This may take a moment. GTM> %GDE-I-GDUSEDEFS, Using defaults for Global Directory /opt/gtm_V53004A/gtmhelp.gld GDE> GDE> GDE> %GDE-I-VERIFY, [[Verification~|Verification]] OK %GDE-I-GDCREATE, Creating Global Directory file /opt/gtm_V53004A/gtmhelp.gld GTM> %GDE-I-GDUSEDEFS, Using defaults for Global Directory /opt/gtm_V53004A/gdehelp.gld GDE> GDE> GDE> %GDE-I-VERIFY, [[Verification~|Verification]] OK %GDE-I-GDCREATE, Creating Global Directory file /opt/gtm_V53004A/gdehelp.gld Installation completed. Would you like all the temporary files removed from this directory? (y or n) y <== enter the y
- Remove the gtm symlink if you have one and create a new one.
cd /opt sudo rm gtm sudo ln -s gtm_V53004A_i686 gtm ls -l gtm lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 2009-08-14 17:52 gtm -> gtm_V53004A_i686
- You can go to your vista user space and check the version:
su - vista Password: vista@...:~$ gtm GTM>W $ZVersion GT.M V5.3-004A Linux x86 GTM>Halt
- GT.M is upgraded. The database is backed up, so it's safe to upgrade it to run with the new GT.M:
mupip upgrade /opt/lsb-gtm/EHR/g/mumps.dat
- --and try it out:
/opt/worldvista/EHR/bin/vista_com.sh Welcome to VistA Commander 1) Programmer Mode (D ^XUP) 2) User Mode (D ^ZU) 3) Fileman (D P^DI) ... [[Prompt~|Prompt]]> 3 VA FileMan 22.0 Select OPTION: