M (also called MUMPS is the programming language used for VistA.
- See the Wikipedia article on MUMPS
- See Introduction to Programming VistA with MUMPS
- See MUMPS Code Examples
- see https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/m/ archived here as Learn M In Minutes
- The Informational parts of the ISO standard: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:11756:ed-2:v1:en
There are several implementations of MUMPS:
- M/Cache Cache from InterSystems Corporation (proprietary,commercial)
- M/FreeM from
- M/GT.M GT.M from Fidelity (open source, commercial)
- M/IRIS IRIS] from InterSystems Corporation (proprietary, commercial)
- M/RSM Reference Standard M
- M/YottaDB YottaDB from YottaDB.com (open source, commercial)
Any program written in M (MUMPS) that is stated as being written in Standard M must conform to the ANSI X11 standard for the language.
Any implementation of M (MUMPS) that is to be qualified as Standard M must conform to the ANSI X11 standard for the language.