MUMPS is the programming language used for VistA.
- See the Wikipedia article on MUMPS
- See Introduction to Programming VistA with MUMPS
- See MUMPS Code Examples
- see https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/m/ archived here as Learn M In Minutes
- The Informational parts of the ISO standard: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:11756:ed-2:v1:en
There are several implementations of MUMPS:
- Cache from InterSystems Corporation (proprietary,commercial)
- GT.M from Fidelity (open source, commercial)
- IRIS] from InterSystems Corporation (proprietary, commercial)
- YottaDB from YottaDB.com (open source, commercial)
Any program written in MUMPS that is stated as being written in Standard MUMPS must conform to the ANSI X11 standard for the language.
Any implementation of MUMPS that is to be qualified as Standard MUMPS must conform to the ANSI X11 standard for the language.