VistA System Components
A VistA system is made up of the following components:
- Code written in the M Language, implemented by GT.M or Cache.
- Information stored in a M Database.
- Information stored in a VA FileMan File.
- FileMan-level control instructions in Templates:
- Input Templates for entering or editing data stored in VA FileMan Files.
- Search Templates for condition based or criteria based search
- Sort Templates for sorting and grouping fields when output of information
- Print Templates for printing and presenting fields
- Export Templates for exporting values of fields to other programming systems.
- Code running in the Host Operating System, such as Microsoft Windows or Linux.
- Information stored in files in the filesystem of the Host Operating System.